Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ready Togo

And thus begins my journey...well, one of many journeys I'll be embarking on in the coming months. But this journey specifically will be taking me far outside of everything I've ever known. It's a journey I've been longing to take for much longer than even I realized, and so it is with great enthusiasm that I inform you that this summer I will be spending two months in Togo, West Africa! This is such an awesome opportunity and I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to start making preparations and plans - to start getting ready togo. I'm hoping to use this blog as a tool to keep everyone up to date on how the preparations are coming, and to keep track of (and maybe get answers to) all of the silly questions I come up with as I get ready for this summer. For example, the packing list suggests we bring an iPod or some other music-playing device - what I'd like to know is where can I find an adaptor to be able to plug in my iPod or computer or camera...or any other device, for that matter? Should I even bother to bring the laptop, or is that just extra weight? But if I don't bring it, how will I get pictures off my camera and onto a computer? Silly questions, huh? But questions that need answering! Anyways, I'm also hoping to use this blog to fill you in on the cool things I learn about the Togolese culture, and perhaps to keep you posted while I'm actually in Togo (not too sure what the Internet connection will be like while I'm there). I'm sure you all know how much work goes into preparing for a trip like this, especially my fellow believers, so please keep on lifting me up to the Father throughout this journey. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Ready Togo,
Kayla

No comments: