Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waiting Togo

The letters are out, and I've found myself on my knees so much this week as a result. I can't help it - I'm really nervous because everything I've been hearing is that support is hard to come by right now. People's budgets are tight - but I know my Father is the provider of every good and perfect gift, so I will get comfy on my knees and wait on His gifts.

I think this week I'm going to try to email some of the people I'll be staying with in Togo. I have contact information, so I think it's about time to make contact. :) Maybe I can get some questions answered about what I need to pack and where I'll be staying and such. I was talking to another friend who is going to Africa for the summer and she and I had to laugh because we are both so used to knowing all the details about everything and yet somehow we both are ok with not knowing all that much about what this summer holds for us.

I have been thinking a lot about the people I'm going with, looking forward to meeting them, figuring out who I am with them. A lot of the time I feel like who I am is very much dependant on who I am with - and I'm wondering who I am with the people I'm going to meet. Maybe not who I am so much as how I am. Funny how the same three letters, when rearranged, have such different meaning. I'm looking forward to not having any boundaries to my personality - not being constrained by school pressures, family pressures, or even church pressures - just being all about Jesus for a while. It's so easy to get distracted here, you know? So easy to get to the point where you have to schedule Abba into your day rather than meeting with Him daily. I want to meet with Him daily without feeling like I'm shirking out on some other responsibility. I want to put the Lover of my soul in His proper place and I want to see other people fall in love with Him. That's my desire...can't wait!

Hopefully Waiting Togo
~kl

No comments: